Re: Please Help... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: Please Help...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Gavin,

On 2010/11/04, at 17:58, Gavin Burrows <gavin_burrows@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm sure you have had this question many times before but I feel as though I have genuinely exhausted all of my option and followed all the advise I can find online.

During installation of Postgresql at the time when it tries to create the account I get the message ' user account postgress cannot be created because the password is too short or not complex enough'  at which point the install is terminated. This is driving me nuts as it even says this when it chooses the password for you which just seems bizarre.

Which tool are you using to install PostgreSQL?
Are you trying to install from source or some binary package?

And which platform are you using? Windows?

I guess I need to know which component produces the message.

Regards,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com>