Re: Please Help... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Please Help...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Gavin Burrows <gavin_burrows@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm sure you have had this question many times before but I feel as though I
> have genuinely exhausted all of my option and followed all the advise I can
> find online.
>
> During installation of Postgresql at the time when it tries to create the
> account I get the message ' user account postgress cannot be created because
> the password is too short or not complex enough'  at which point the install
> is terminated. This is driving me nuts as it even says this when it chooses
> the password for you which just seems bizarre.

If it's generating the password for you, I assume you're using the
older MSI installers which are largely obsolete now?

In any case, the issue is that for some reason, Windows is refusing to
allow the user account to be created. That's normally because it's not
in compliance with a security policy on the system - almost always
related to password complexity, or age/reuse. You could try creating
the account manually in advance.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com