Re: Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Esmin Gracic <esmin.gracic@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would recommend Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS (long time support - 5 years for
> ongoing bug & security fixes, and such).
>
> Also, Ubuntu is in focus now, has great community and a most of recent books
> on Linux target Ubuntu (which is valid factor for educating people on new
> platform).
> Ubuntu is great for first linux install.
> I've tried other distros, but I'm working on and recommending Ubuntu.
>
> I'm currently testing Ubuntu Server x64 10.04 LTS with pg 9.0 and looks good
> so far.

Do yourself a favor and remove the ureadahead package now before you
experience the heartache I had after getting a server up, configured,
ready to go, and then have it not be able to boot because of it.  They
may have fixed that nasty bug by now, but if not, it's pretty horrific
to have your new server refuse to boot because it has no GUI... (long
story)