Re: JDBC driver returns different version strings on Ubuntu andCentOS - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: JDBC driver returns different version strings on Ubuntu andCentOS
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/45c32bc6af2e140ff86dabd718344c74fc244394/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/core/v3/QueryExecutorImpl.java#L2637

> Would you capture a connection trace? I mean loggerLevel=TRACE&loggerFile=pgjdbc-trace.log
> It would contain actual values that the server sends to the client in the handshake packets.

Sure, no problem.

I ran the following simple program:

    String url = "jdbc:postgresql://hostname/postgres?loggerLevel=TRACE&loggerFile=c:/temp/pg/pgjdbc-trace.log";
    Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "...", "...");
    String version = con.getMetaData().getDatabaseProductVersion();
    System.out.println(version);
    con.close();

I have attached the logfiles for the connection to Ubuntu and CentOS.

I can however not see the version string in those logfiles.

Thomas

Attachment