Re: Improving psql's \password command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Improving psql's \password command
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> writes:
> Okay, here is an attempt at adding control-C support for \prompt and
> \connect.  It was reasonably straightforward.  I did have to teach
> simple_prompt_extended() to add a newline after a cancellation when
> "echo" is true.

LGTM, pushed after very minor fooling with the comments.

> I think that's it for psql.  After a quick glance, I didn't see any
> other obvious candidates for control-C support, but I'll look a little
> closer to be sure.

Hmm, initdb's prompt-for-superuser-password might need it.
I think the rest of our frontend programs don't trap SIGINT,
or at least don't do so while requesting user input.