Re: query locks up when run concurrently - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: query locks up when run concurrently
Date
List pgsql-general
azhwkd@gmail.com writes:
> I have a query which if run alone usually completes in about 300ms.
> When run in my application this query constantly locks up and bogs
> down all connections of the connection pool (In the application this
> query is run up to 10 times in parallel with different parameters).
> What's really weird is that I can re-run one of the hung queries from
> the command line while it's hung and it will complete as expected
> while the hung queries continue to use 100% CPU time.

Judging from the EXPLAIN timing, most of the work is in the trigger,
which leads me to wonder if the parallel calls are likely to be fighting
over inserting/updating the same row in the group_history partition
tables.  Or are you certain that they should be hitting different rows?

            regards, tom lane