Simplified (a-la [G|N]DBM) DB access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexandre
Subject Simplified (a-la [G|N]DBM) DB access
Date
List pgsql-general
Good day,

excuse me, if my question is lame, but is it possible to get some
simplified access to the PostgreSQL?

What I mean is: currently to get/put/delete/edit any data I have to
compose an SQL query, which should be parsed, compiled, optimized and
so on. While, in some tasks simple interface a-la [G|N]DBM should be
more than enough, but it will be more preferable to store all data in
one database, which support concurrent access, transactions, etc.

For example, let me have some textual data in PostgreSQL, and let me
wish to have an inverted index for some statistical analyses purpose
(for example, search, but without using tsearch2). For now, to make any
operations with all that data, I have to use an SQL, which makes such
thing really slow (take a look at sql-mode mnogosearch and others).
Yes, I can store all that data outside the db, but I will have to
reinvent all the features, which realized great in PostgreSQL (for
example, recovery, transactions) and I will get harder administrative
support, backup and so on.

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
/Alexandre.