Re: docs: psql and variable interpolation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: docs: psql and variable interpolation
Date
List pgsql-docs
Philippe Beaudoin <philippe.beaudoin@dalibo.com> writes:
> Le 13/07/2020 à 17:45, David G. Johnston a écrit :
>> If it is only \copy that is an exception I’d rather just say (except
>> \copy} and not have the user meticulously read each item for the
>> single exception.  This extends to if there are a few.

> As far as I know, the \! metacommand is another exception. But I don't
> know if there are some others.

Looking at the psql source code, the commands that use OT_WHOLE_LINE
argument parsing are

\copy
\ef, \ev
\sf, \sv
\help
\!

There's also OT_FILEPIPE argument parsing, which acts like WHOLE_LINE
if the argument starts with "|" (and otherwise is normal AFAICS).
That's used by

\g, \gx
\o
\w