Re: Allowing John to Drop Triggers On Chad's Tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Allowing John to Drop Triggers On Chad's Tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Fred Habash <fmhabash@gmail.com> writes:
> Based on my research, There are the options I have identified to allow user
> 'John' to drop a trigger on a table owner by 'Chad' ..

I guess the big-picture question is why do you think you need that?

The separate TRIGGER permission is something we consider obsolescent.
It's difficult to make use of it in any way that isn't tantamount to
giving John the ability to execute arbitrary code as Chad (the next
time Chad does anything with his table).  So while a case could be
made that granting TRIGGER should include the right to alter or drop
existing triggers, it's unlikely that anyone will want to expend effort
in that direction.

            regards, tom lane