Re: Distinguish view and table problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Distinguish view and table problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/12/19 Filip Rembiałkowski <plk.zuber@gmail.com>:

> W dniu 19 grudnia 2009 03:20 użytkownik suzhiyang <suzhiyang@gmail.com>
> napisał:
>>
>> Sorry, I've not describe my problem precisely.
>> I mean that  I want to get relkind or something from a systable by the
>> programm but not by sql.
>
> I don't understand how you can get data from table without using SQL. (maybe
> I'm just "too sql")

i think he is hacking postgres's source code to make the TODO: "allow
recompilation of views" (he send an email about that in another
thread)...

i think this is somewhat necesary to read:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ#Technical_Questions
and of course look at other files that acces that kind of info, for
example look at AlterTableNamespace() funtion in
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c to find out for a complete example to
identify tables and views

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova