Re: Implementing next 30 (or so) rows "sliding window" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Implementing next 30 (or so) rows "sliding window"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I did follow the basic advise and consulted the documentation for
>> "SELECT" and came across "[ FETCH { FIRST | NEXT } [ count ] { ROW |
>> ROWS } ONLY]" clause which seems to satisfy my requirement.
>
> This is a cursor,

no. this is sql 2008 syntax for the LIMIT clause:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-select.html#SQL-LIMIT

> which is one of two very basic ways of doing this.

i agree, that using cursor is another (preferred?) solution for this,

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova