Re: auto truncate/vacuum full - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: auto truncate/vacuum full
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Do you have a vacuum in cron or something like that?  As Tom says, if it
> had been autovacuum, it should have been cancelled automatically (else
> we've got a bug); but something invoking vacuum externally wouldn't
> have, so what you describe is what we would expect.

then we have a bug (at least in 8.3, haven't tried in 8.4)... i see
this a month ago, an autovacuum blocking a lot of concurrent updates
and selects... once i pg_cancel_backend() the autovacuum process the
other ones starting to move

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova