Re: BUG #5030: Problem on "RETURN QUERY EXECUTE" when a column is dropped from a table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: BUG #5030: Problem on "RETURN QUERY EXECUTE" when a column is dropped from a table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Armando Taffarel
Neto<taffarel@solis.coop.br> wrote:

> SELECT * FROM test_foo();
> ERROR: =C2=A0structure of query does not match function result type
> DETAIL: =C2=A0Number of returned columns (1) does not match expected colu=
mn count
> (2).
> CONTEXT: =C2=A0PL/pgSQL function "test_foo" line 5 at RETURN QUERY

yeah! that bug was fixed here
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-08/msg00068.php
but only in the currently in develop 8.5

are we going to backpatch this? while i think we should i know nothing
about how feasible that is

--=20
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova
Soporte y capacitaci=C3=B3n de PostgreSQL
Asesor=C3=ADa y desarrollo de sistemas
Guayaquil - Ecuador
Cel. +59387171157