Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> This seems to me to be exactly parallel to deciding that SELinux should
> control only table/column permissions within SQL; an approach that would
> be enormously less controversial, less expensive, and more reliable than
> what SEPostgres tries to do.

seems that the controversial part of sepgsql is row level permissions,
can we try to commit (obviously with good revision and test) the
table/column privileges part of that patch?

that is still a step on the direction of full centralized security
management on the system...

let the row level privileges part for 8.5, that way the patch will be
smaller now and then...

remember, postponed is not rejected is just a way to give more time to
think (WITH patch comes from the prior release cycle and was committed
in this release), not to think about one scenario but about all
possible scenarios in a more wide audience

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova