Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think the best thing we could do overall is to set release dates and
> stick to them.  If your patch is not ready, well, at least it will get
> out in a defined amount of time.  Right now, the *real* problem with it
> being pushed to the next release is you don't know how successful some
> other guy will be at persuading us to delay the next release.

+1, LOL.

Let's not forget that we've already got CTE, window functions, partial
vacuums, and column-level permissions, all of which are major features
that should benefit a lot of people.  I hope Hot Standby gets
committed but even if it doesn't, I'm still going to get a lot of
benefit out of this release, so I'd like it to happen on some sort of
reasonable time scale.

...Robert