Re: [PgFoundry] Unsigned Data Types [1 of 2] - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: [PgFoundry] Unsigned Data Types [1 of 2]
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Ryan Bradetich <rbradetich@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have the code and regression tests updated to solve the problems you initially
>> discovered.  After code reading, stepping through with the debugger, and
>> help from RhodiumToad on irc I was able to implement new restrict
>> selective estimation
>> functions for the uint4 vs int4 data types.  The uint1 vs int4 and
>> uint2 vs int4 data
>> types did not require a custom restrict selective estimation function.

i'm still seeing the failures in the copy commands (the ones about the paths)

i'm not really sure if this matters.

contrib_regression=# select 256::int2::int4;
 int4
------
  256
(1 row)

contrib_regression=# select 256::uint2::int4;
 int4
------
  256
(1 row)

contrib_regression=# select 256::int2::uint4;
ERROR:  cannot cast type smallint to uint4 at character 17
STATEMENT:  select 256::int2::uint4;
ERROR:  cannot cast type smallint to uint4
LINE 1: select 256::int2::uint4;

otherwise seems fine

--
regards,