Re: Cstore_fdw issue. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moses Mafusire
Subject Re: Cstore_fdw issue.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,
Yes VERSION = PostgreSQL 12.1, is the only version I have. So I am novice to Linux and Postgres, where should I run this
ifndef MAJORVERSION
    MAJORVERSION := $(basename $(VERSION))
endif
$(info  MAJORVERSION is $(MAJORVERSION))

and do I run as is or do I need to do something else, if so may you please assist.

Thanks
Moses

On Friday, April 3, 2020, 11:39:57 AM EDT, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 4/3/20 5:53 AM, Moses Mafusire wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
> Thanks for your response. Here is what I'm getting when I run /pg_config;/

> VERSION = PostgreSQL 12.1

So that is the correct version.

Just to be clear there is only one version of Postgres on this machine,
correct?

Before you run make again, edit the Makefile so:

ifndef MAJORVERSION
    MAJORVERSION := $(basename $(VERSION))
endif

becomes:

ifndef MAJORVERSION
    MAJORVERSION := $(basename $(VERSION))
endif
$(info  MAJORVERSION is $(MAJORVERSION))

When I run the above I get:

aklaver@maura:~/test/cstore_fdw-1.7.0> PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/:$PATH
make
MAJORVERSION is 12