Re: BUG #14210: filter by "=" constraint doesn't work when hash index is present on a column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14210: filter by "=" constraint doesn't work when hash index is present on a column
Date
List pgsql-bugs
danielnewman@umich.edu writes:
> When I run the query `select * from hash_issue_table where hash_issue_column
> like '2184';` I get 701 results. When I run the query
> When I run the query `select * from hash_issue_table where hash_issue_column
> = '2184';`, I get 0 results. However, if I drop the hash index and rerun the
> second query, I get the same results.

Sounds like a corrupted hash index to me; which is not terribly surprising
given hash indexes' lack of WAL support.  Can you reproduce this after
rebuilding the hash index?

            regards, tom lane