Re: Query much faster with enable_seqscan=0 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ogden
Subject Re: Query much faster with enable_seqscan=0
Date
Re: Query much faster with enable_seqscan=0
List pgsql-performance
How odd, I set the following:

seq_page_cost = 1.0
random_page_cost = 2.0

And now the query runs in milliseconds as opposed to 14 seconds. Could this really be the change? I am running ANALYZE
now- how often is it recommended to do this?

Thank you

Ogden