Re: Problem in using PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VBA - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Arnaud L.
Subject Re: Problem in using PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VBA
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Le 10/11/2016 à 10:46, Vincenzo Turturro a écrit :
> Il 10/11/2016 09:42, Arnaud L. ha scritto:
>> I've been using the solution from this post for a long time and never
>> had any problem :
>> http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?url=archives/24-Using-MS-Access-with-PostgreSQL.html
>>
>> See the section "dealing with boolean".
>> I like the fact that function is written in pure SQL.
>>

> I have tried the solution you suggest, but without success.
> I used the SQL statements provided in the post, but the problem wasn't
> solved.
> Maybe I missed something that is not mentioned in the post because it's
> obvious for PG users ?
> Keep in mind I'm a newby in PG !

I'm no PG guru either, so the only "obvious" thing I can think of is
that the operators and functions you are creating are not in your search
path when you connect through ODBC.

So I guess the best for you would be to create them in the public
schema, and to check in your ODBC connection that the public schema is
in your search path. (a simple "show search_path;" query)

Then through ODBC, what do you get when you try to directly call
inttobool() or notinttobool ? Do these functions exist and work as
expected ?
i.e. select inttobool(-1,true);
And what about a direct call to the operators ?
i.e. what do you have when you call
select 1::int4 <> false::boolean ;
and what about the schema-qualified version ?
select 1::int4 operator(public.<>) false::boolean;

Regards

--
Arnaud