Simple SQL question, need help. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From fyzfeech@yahoo.com (feech)
Subject Simple SQL question, need help.
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm pretty much an idiot, but I can't figure out how to do this:

I have a results DB with two fields: PlayerID and Position.  I also
have a players DB with two fields: ID and Name.

How do I insert a record into results with PlayerID selected from the
players DB and Position explicitly specified by me.

Something like:

INSERT INTO results (PlayerID, Position) values (SELECT players.id
from players WHERE name = 'Chuck', 4 );

That statement is trying to insert the player's ID (I only have his
name when inserting) and his position ( 4 in this case ), but it
doesn't work.

Totally frustrated,
feech