Re: PostgreSQL Windows port strategy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Windows port strategy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Well said
I was just trying to be funny.  Since we are all programmers here, I'll try and re-express my thought in a (somewhat)
portablelanguage:

char HackerThought[] = "Maybe there really is something to this windows business.  Perhaps its time to consider a
port".
int iAnnoyanceLevel = 0;

PerformDailyRoutine();

PerformDailyRoutine ()
{char* EmailMessage;    Think(HackerThought);while (EmailMessage = GetEmailMessage(HACKER_LIST)){    if
(!strcmp(EmailMessage,"Windows is an unstable, crappy OS")) iAnnoyanceLevel++;    if (!strcmp(EmailMessage, "Windows is
betterthan that pile of trash, linux")) iAnnoyanceLevel += 2;    if (!strcmp(EmailMessage, "Can anybody here tell me
howto install the IPC-Daemon as a service on my win98 machine?")) iAnnoyanceLevel += 100;}
}

Really, I'm new here, and I have not business telling anybody anything, anyways :)
Merlin