Re: PostgreSQL flamage on Slashdot - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: PostgreSQL flamage on Slashdot
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Neil Conway wrote:
> Well, sure -- not all the comments are going to be entirely positive.
> But from the comments I read, the overall impression of PostgreSQL was
> fairly positive.

I think they were extremely positive.  I did not count one single post
regarding postgres as negative.  A few mentions of historical problems
(mostly baseless), that's all.  People are *still* claiming mysql is
faster, which it isn't, except for inserts.  Oh well.

Mysql is just more organized from a marketing standpoint and has a
press-friendly windows port.  But all this is changing :)

Merlin