Re: loading plpython error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: loading plpython error
Date
List pgsql-general
Alan Nilsson <anilsson@apple.com> writes:
> Platform:  Linux x86-64, CentOS 6, Postgres 11.1.
> We have installed from the YUM repo.  The server runs fine but we are trying to add python support.

> yum install postrgesql11-contrib postgresql11-plpython

> I can see the installed files in the correct locations but when we invoke create extension, we are greeted with the
followingerror:

> ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-11/lib/plpython2.so": /usr/pgsql-11/lib/plpython2.so: undefined symbol:
getmissingattr

getmissingattr is a new core-PG function in 11.2.  I believe this means
you're trying to load an 11.2 build of plpython2.so into an 11.1 server.
You need to either update the server, or find an 11.1 build of plpython.

            regards, tom lane