Re: response time is very long in PG9.5.5 using psql or jdbc - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: response time is very long in PG9.5.5 using psql or jdbc
Date
List pgsql-bugs
=?gb2312?B?yq/Twrui?= <SHIYONGHU651@pingan.com.cn> writes:
> In our product database,we met a problem .when we login in the database
> using psql or jdbc ,the response time is very long.

I'm going to guess that this has something to do with very slow population
of the backend's internal caches during the first query of a session.
That suggests bloated system catalogs.  Do you have an unusually large
number of database objects (e.g., millions of tables or functions)?
Or is it possible that some transaction(s) transiently created a lot of
objects, and vacuuming hasn't been able to shrink the catalogs back down?

            regards, tom lane