Re: Out of memory errors on OS X - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Out of memory errors on OS X
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> writes:
>> I have asked Apple about using a saner default for shmmax, but a few
>> more complaints in their bug system wouldn't hurt.

> I suspect it won't help, since their official position is already "don't use
> shmget, use mmap instead"...

Given that they have improved their SysV IPC support steadily over the
past few Darwin releases, I don't see why you'd expect them to not be
willing to do this.  Having a larger default limit costs them *zero* if
the feature is not used, so what's the objection?

            regards, tom lane