Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Shigeru HANADA <hanada@metrosystems.co.jp> writes:
> For the purpose of file_fdw, additional ResetCopyFrom() would be
> necessary. I'm planning to include such changes in file_fdw patch.
> Please find attached partial patch for ResetCopyFrom(). Is there
> anything else which should be done at reset?

Seems like it would be smarter to close and re-open the copy operation.
Adding a reset function is just creating an additional maintenance
burden and point of failure, for what seems likely to be a negligible
performance benefit.

If you think it's not negligible, please show some proof of that before
asking us to support such code.