Re: Change size of varchar(20) field - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: Change size of varchar(20) field
Date
List pgsql-general
You can either:

a)  create table unittemp as select field1, field2, cast(room as
varchar(20)), ..., fieldn from unit;
    drop table unit;
    alter table unittemp rename to unit;

b)  pg_dump -t unit [dbname] > unit.pgsql
    edit unit.pgsql and change varchar(20) to varchar(40) and add a line to
beginning of file "drop table unit"
    pgsql [dbname] < unit.pgsql

Frank