Re: some questions about PostgreSQL in general - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: some questions about PostgreSQL in general
Date
List pgsql-novice
At 11:45 AM 1/3/02 +0100, Jules Alberts wrote:
>another question i didn't think about in my original posting: how
>flexible is postgresql? at the moment it's quite easy to change the
>structure of the tables. i guess that in postgresql this may be a
>little problematic.

Making changes to pg tables isn't quite as easy as with DBU (I've also done
Clipper in the past), but it's not bad.  Last I heard there was no support
for DROP COLUMN,
    http://www2.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#4.5
Follow a similar process when making changes (like datatype) of a column.

Frank