Re: Free Text Search - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: Free Text Search
Date
List pgsql-general
At 09:38 AM 26-03-2001 -0500, Mitch Vincent wrote:
>Well, full text searching can be accomplished by using any standard SQL
>query (SELECT * FROM whatever WHERE textfield LIKE '%doda%' -- etc).. Full
>text indexing is another story though.. I'll send some links when I get home
>to some code that I've found here and there that looks promising..

Would that GIST thing help? If it does, any ideas how?

So far the way I might resort to  is at the application level.

It'll be nice to be able to do a LIKE '%post%' and have it indexed for at
least some tables.

e.g. create index blah on tablename (lower(data) fulltextops)

Cheerio,
Link.