Re: [BUGS] 6.5.2 BUG: Rolling back after dropping a table causes dangling relationships. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: [BUGS] 6.5.2 BUG: Rolling back after dropping a table causes dangling relationships.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
At 10:04 AM 08-10-1999 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Lincoln Yeoh <lylyeoh@mecomb.com> writes:
>> If you drop a table in a transaction and do a rollback, the table is "half
>> dropped", the table is gone but you cannot create a new table with the same
>> name, nor can you drop it again.
>
>Yes, this is a known problem that's rather difficult to fix.
>You can't undo a file removal :-(

I'm not really concerned about undoing/rolling back of a drop table. I'm
not surprised if "drop table" can't be rolled back.

The problem is that it is NOT _completely_ dropped, and you cannot recreate
a new table with the same name nor use the old one. It's in a zombie state.

Cheerio,

Link.