How to find names of tables in a database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Valerie Mates
Subject How to find names of tables in a database?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi -- I've been dabbling in PostgreSQL on and off for a few months now.  At
this point I can get it to do a number of neat things, but I've run into
one that is a stumper.

I'm looking for a way that my Perl program can look up the names of the
tables in a database.  Is there a way to do this?  I've looked through the
documentation on the PostgreSQL website, but didn't find any way to do
this.  It seems like there must be a query like "SELECT table_names FROM
my_database" to do this, but if there is, I haven't found it yet.

(My apologies if this has been discussed recently.  I was on this mailing
list for a while, but have been off it for a month or so.)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Valerie Mates

      Valerie Mates  *  Web Developer  *  http://www.valeriemates.com
               valerie@cyberspace.org  *  (734) 995-6716