Indexing Timestamp Data - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Romualdo Alves
List pgsql-sql
    How to index a timestamp data in a Postgres table?

    For example, I tried: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX idx ON table_01 (xtime);
The resulting message was: "CAN'T FIND A DEFAULT OPERATOR CLASS FOR TYPE
1296".

    The table 'table_01' was created with the following command:
CREATE TABLE table_01 (
             xtime TIMESTAMP,
             code  CHAR(5),
             qty   INTEGER);

    The key of this table must be the 'xtime' field which is of TIMESTAMP data
type. How to do it?

    Romualdo.

My ICQ# 10480879
My Home Page: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/10480879
My E-mail Express: 10480879@pager.mirabilis.com
INPE Telephone Number: (084) 231-4733 Ext. 214

"For we are labourers together with God" (1 Corinthians 3:9)
"De Deus somos cooperadores"             (1 Corintios 3:9)