Re: [SQL] Problem with simple select, RestrictionClauseSelectivity ERROR - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ari Jolma
Subject Re: [SQL] Problem with simple select, RestrictionClauseSelectivity ERROR
Date
List pgsql-sql
>I have a very simple select , and get an error back I do not understand
> :
>rhalloc=> select id from groupe where species='mouse';
>ERROR:  RestrictionClauseSelectivity: bad value
>-170141183460469231731687303715884105728.000000
>
>I can select on all the other fields. The field species was added after the
>creation of the table, and the data in that field added at that time.

I have had similar problems. I'm now used to fixing it by making a new table:

select * into new from old;

this way the new column in the old table is not new anymore and the error
goes away (I don't know what's happening under the hood)

Ari