pg_result - Mailing list pgsql-general

From davez@istand.com
Subject pg_result
Date
List pgsql-general
    I have looked all over the site and I can not find good description for
'pg_result'  I am having this problem.  My database and everthing is
working fine but when I try to run a query from an html webpage it is not
working and I believe it is my 'pg_result' command.  I have a table with
5-6 columns of information and I want total records to be selected.  I then
reference the call to a variable and call it further in my HTML, but
nothing prints up.  I have tried naming all the fields where 'row1' is
below but it also doesn't work.  I am not getting any errors and html
prints back except for any values for '$rows', not even the row1 values
will come back. My query command works fine in psql.
    Does anyone see my problem?

$result = pg_Exec($conn, "$query");
if (!$result);
        echo "An error occured inserting information into our database.\n";
        exit;
else;
        pg_close ($conn);
endif;