Re: MySQL and RHDB news; 8.0 troll - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jay O'Connor
Subject Re: MySQL and RHDB news; 8.0 troll
Date
List pgsql-general
At 11:46 AM 04/14/2003 -0700, Sean Chittenden wrote:
>> Some interesting MySQL news here:
>>
>> http://news.com.com/2100-1012-996434.html
>
>While I may be a UNIX gear-head, I found this quote interesting and
>should be encouraging to the PostgreSQL Win32 developers:
>
>"What's more, the company said, downloads of Microsoft versions of
>MySQL outnumber Linux versions by at least four to one."

Well that's not suprising considering

a) What's (not) available in the MySQL price/performance space on Windows
b) MySQL already comes on many Linux install CDs so you only need to
download when the available version of the web is sufficienly ahead of the
version on yuor install CD

Take care,
Jay