Re: pg_receivewal documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: pg_receivewal documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2019-06-27 at 10:06 -0400, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> Here is a patch for the pg_receivewal documentation to highlight that
> WAL isn't acknowledged to be applied.

I think it is a good idea to document this, but I have a few quibbles
with the patch as it is:

- I think there shouldn't be commas after the "note" and before the "if".
  Disclaimer: I am not a native speaker, so I am lacking authority.

- The assertion is wrong.  "on" (remote flush) is perfectly fine
  for synchronous_commit, only "remote_apply" is a problem.

- There is already something about "--synchronous" in the "Description"
  section.  It might make sense to add the additional information there.

How about the attached patch?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment