Re: Large tables, ORDER BY and sequence/index scans - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject Re: Large tables, ORDER BY and sequence/index scans
Date
List pgsql-general
2010/1/5 Milan Zamazal <pdm@brailcom.org>:

> Cursors are very convenient for me, because they allow easy browsing
> data in the user interface (fetching limited sets of rows while seeking
> forward and backward) and they prevent contingent seeking and other
> troubles when concurrent updates happen.

Sounds to me like a borked app design. Do you seriously need to walk
the user through couple of million rows of data ?

I mean, databases are designed to work on data, and give you the
result back. Use this capability intelligently.

--
GJ