DB migration from Win (cygwin) to Linux (RH 7.2): 9223372036854775807 error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From aagha@bigfoot.com (aagha@bigfoot.com)
Subject DB migration from Win (cygwin) to Linux (RH 7.2): 9223372036854775807 error
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm having an issue moving my DB from from Win (Cygwin) to Linux 7.2.  If
I go from Linux to Cygwin, no probs, everything works fine, creates a new
database beautifully.

However, if I take the exact same DB (which contains data) and try the
following on Linux:

        %> psql -d cmsdb -f cmsdb.sql

I get the following:

psql:cmsdb.sql:12: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near
"9223372036854775807"
psql:cmsdb.sql:27: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
index 'ratingcontentandtype_pkey' for table 'rating'

Any table with a serial decleration has this problem, and the serial
tables don't get built.  I wondered if this was due to a MAXINT issue on
Linux, so I wrote a small C program wher I found out that the MAXINT and
LONG are both: 2147483647 -- The catch is that the same is true on my Win
box.

What's going on here, and what can I do to get around this problem?

We're on Postgres 7.1.

        Thx,
        Aurangzeb

--