Re: RCA for MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size(Known Issue) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: RCA for MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size(Known Issue)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Yogvinder Singh <yogvinder@newgen.co.in> wrote:
> That I'll do but that still won't answer the question : What is the reason
> for the data corruption leading to " MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request
> size"

That's because you may read the corrupt data and do further operations
which leads to failure. For example, the tuple length may be corrupted
and you try to copy that tuple to memory. That's when the palloc can
fail with the error.

Thanks,
Pavan

--