Re: Latest README.HOT - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Latest README.HOT
Date
List pgsql-patches

Forgot to include this in the patch ...

I'm still unhappy about too much complexity for the VACUUM FULL case,
but some other issues have gone away.

The entire complexity in the VACUUM FULL code is for the book keeping
purposes so that at the end we can recheck the index and heap tuples
count. VACUUM FULL converts HOT tuples into non-HOT tuples when it
moves them around and that introduces the extra complexity. Otherwise
there is no significant change to the VACUUM FULL logic itself.

Good to hear that we are now comfortable with most of the other items.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee