Re: HOT patch - version 11 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: HOT patch - version 11
Date
List pgsql-patches

On 8/2/07, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/2/07, Heikki Linnakangas < heikki@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Maybe a nicer
solution would be to have another version of ConditionalLockBuffer with
three different return values: didn't get lock, got exclusive lock, or
got cleanup lock.

Thats a good idea. I shall do that.

On a second thought, I feel its may not be such a good idea to change
the ConditionalLockBuffer return value. "boolean" is the most natural
way. And we don't save anything in terms on BufHdr locking.

So may be should just have two different functions and do the
BufferIsLockedForCleanup check immediately after acquiring the
exclusive lock.

Thanks,
Pavan

--