Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 3/31/07, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Hm.  So anytime we reject a potentially useful index as being not valid
> yet, we mark the plan as "only good for this top-level transaction"?
> That seems possibly workable --- in particular it doesn't get more
> complicated as soon as you consider multiple such indexes.

I like that because its specific in dealing with the exact issue we have
- it doesn't rely on many other things happening correctly.

Ok. Cool. I would finish this work then.

...and it also seems to provide a new route to avoiding the CIC wait.

Yeah, though I would like to take that up later.

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com