Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hmm ... actually, CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY gets this wrong already, no?
I suspect that sessions existing at the time C.I.C is done will never
see the new index as valid, unless something else happens to make them
drop and rebuild their relcache entries for it.

Yes, C.I.C gets it wrong. I  confirmed that new index is seen as invalid
for existing sessions. Is it something we should fix ?

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com