Re: HOT for PostgreSQL 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: HOT for PostgreSQL 8.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2/16/07, Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> wrote:

> > As described, you've made
> > that problem worse because you're trying to say we don't know which
of
> > the chain entries is pointed at.
>
> There should be a flag, say HOT_CHAIN_ENTRY for the tuple the

it's called HEAP_UPDATE_ROOT

Just to avoid any confusion with the patch I sent out this week, we are
setting HEAP_UPDATE_ROOT on all tuples which are HOT-updated.

We set HEAP_ONLY_TUPLE for all tuples which does not have index
reference. So may be combination of (HEAP_UPDATE_ROOT & ~HEAP_ONLY_TUPLE)
can be used to identify index referred tuple in a HOT-update chain.

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com