Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists
Date
Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists  (Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Attached is an updated version of the patch, fixing some minor bitrot
and duplicate OIDs.

Sadly, this patch series does not seem to move forward very much, and
I'm not sure how to change that :-/ But I'd like to point out that while
those new statistics are still per-table, we might use them to improve
join estimates (which is kinda the elephant in the room, when it comes
to estimates) similarly to what eqjoinsel() does with per-column stats.

regards

Attachment