Re: Need assistance in converting subqueries to joins - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Need assistance in converting subqueries to joins
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/19/24 21:07, Siraj G wrote:
> Hello Tech gents!
>
> I am sorry if I am asking the wrong question to this group, but wanted
> assistance in converting a query replacing subqueries with joins.
>
> Please find the query below (whose cost is very high):

Add the output of the EXPLAIN ANALYZE for the query.

> select em_exists_id from IS_SEC_FILT WHERE (IS_SEC_FILT_GUID) NOT IN
> (SELECT IS_OBJ_GUID FROM TMP_IS_SEC_FILT T0, IS_PROJ P0 WHERE
> T0.IS_PROJ_GUID = P0.IS_PROJ_GUID AND P0.IS_PROJ_ID =
> IS_SEC_FILT.IS_PROJ_ID) AND (IS_PROJ_ID) IN (SELECT IS_PROJ_ID FROM
> IS_PROJ P0, TMP_IS_SEC_FILT T0, EM_MD R0 WHERE T0.IS_REPOSITORY_GUID =
> R0.REP_GUID AND T0.IS_PROJ_GUID = P0.IS_PROJ_GUID AND
> P0.IS_REPOSITORY_ID = R0.REP_ID);

For future reference formatting the query here:

https://sqlformat.darold.net/

helps get it into a form that is easier to follow:

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com