Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/23/22 16:16, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2022-02-23 15:57:08 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> WFM
>> +1
> Cool.
>

> One question on making that happen: Right now the makefiles building C stuff
> in src/test/modules all have the contrib-style stanza to build via pgxs.  But
> afaics pgxs doesn't support building multiple programs. Which
> src/test/modules/libpq would need to.

That's my understanding also.

> Aaics there's currently no way to have Mkvcbuild.pm build multiple programs in
> one dir via its makefile parsing stuff? Andrew, any suggestions for not
> needing to spell this out in both the makefile and Mkvcbuild.pm?

Well, it should be a SMOC. If you can solve the first problem I'm sure I
can come up with a solution for Mkvcbuild.pm. But until we see the shape
of the pgxs changes, planning for Mkcvbuild.pm changes seems remature.

> Separately: I don't really understand why we do the whole if USE_PGXS dance in
> src/test/modules?

ENOCLUE

cheers

andrew