Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test
Date
Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-02-23 15:57:08 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2/23/22 15:30, Andres Freund wrote:
> >> Perhaps we should just rename src/test/modules/libpq_pipeline to
> >> src/test/modules/libpq and move uri-regress in there as well?
>
> > WFM
>
> +1

Cool.

One question on making that happen: Right now the makefiles building C stuff
in src/test/modules all have the contrib-style stanza to build via pgxs.  But
afaics pgxs doesn't support building multiple programs. Which
src/test/modules/libpq would need to.

Aaics there's currently no way to have Mkvcbuild.pm build multiple programs in
one dir via its makefile parsing stuff? Andrew, any suggestions for not
needing to spell this out in both the makefile and Mkvcbuild.pm?

Separately: I don't really understand why we do the whole if USE_PGXS dance in
src/test/modules?

- Andres