Problem with SSL: "could not accept SSL connection: EOF detected" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pat Maddox
Subject Problem with SSL: "could not accept SSL connection: EOF detected"
Date
List pgsql-general
I have an ubuntu intrepid server running postgres 8.3.6.  The server
is able to accept connections via SSL.

We have another host that is unable to connect via ssl for some
reason.  Trying to connect results in
psql:
and quitting.  The server log says
"could not accept SSL connection: EOF detected"

I'm pretty sure it's a client ssl issue, because the server accepts
ssl connections from other hosts, and the problem host is able to
connect when the server doesn't require ssl.  I have no clue how to
solve this issue though, and would really appreciate some help.
Please let me know if you need any more info.

Pat